Our Ummah Trust is a UK relief and development charity established in May 2015 in the heart of Birmingham, United Kingdom.
It was founded by the local community of Small Heath, Birmingham, inspired by compassion, generosity and concern about the poverty and suffering of poor people including orphans and widows in war-torn countries.
Our Ummah Trust is set up by three trustees and its aims and objectives as a trust are:
- The prevention and relief of poverty and suffering by providing orphans, underprivileged children and needy people access to education, food, clean water, medical aid and shelter.
- The relief and assistance of the victims of war or natural disaster, trouble or catastrophe.
This is achieved by supporting our local partner charity Ummah Welfare Trust (UWT) in international projects:
- Providing emergency relief, such as food, shelter and medical aid, to victims of conflict and natural disasters.
- We are constructing tube wells and hand pumps and trucking water to needy areas.
- Sponsoring orphans and widows and ensuring their rights are fulfilled.
- Establishing schools, and medical and rehabilitation clinics, especially for the treatment of women and children.
Our partner charity UWT which run a 100% donation policy; have experience and expertise including human resource on the ground worldwide helps us meet our objectives and outcomes. Furthermore, we have international partners in Bangladesh who deliver and undertake our projects including education and handpumps.
Knowing that we are all ultimately accountable to the Almighty, the charity strives to maintain transparency and accountability.
All donated funds are monitored and reviewed by professionals and UK scholars who ensure Zakah, Sadaqah and Lillah funds are spent correctly.
The charity also has a full and transparent audit trail from the donor to the beneficiary.
Please also note that Our Ummah Trust always issues a receipt for a donation. Please always ask for a receipt if you hand over any money to a representative, official or otherwise, of Our Ummah Trust.